After noticing the original guide I used to setup Exchange Management Console 2010 on Windows 10 was gone, I felt compelled to write my own for this relatively rare scenario.
- Download and Install Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 10 – This installs AD Users and Computers, it’s located in Start Menu>Windows Administration Tools>Active Directory Users and Computers
- Enter Control Panel, Programs, Click Turn Windows features on or off, and check the box for Internet Information Services, then Web Management Tools, then IIS 6 Management Compatibility, then IIS 6 Management Console, then click OK.
- Download and extract the contents of Exchange 2010 SP3 to it’s own folder (…\Downloads\ExchangeSP3 for instance)
- Begin Installation of Exchange Server 2010 SP3 by clicking the steps 1-4 in the Wizard.
- Do a “Custom Exchange Server Installation” and select only “Management Tools.” DO NOT CHECK THE BOX “Automatically install Windows Server roles and features…”
- Prerequisites check should pass. If it does not, go back through the steps and ensure you ran the exchange setup as administrator originally.
- Click Install
- After installation finishes with all components green, click Finish. Management console should start-up automatically. Add your exchange forest, and be on your merry way!
- Only upgrade security settings as needed for compatibility with your Exchange server from here on out.
If you have any issues with this, feel free to leave a comment. Hope this helps you setup Exchange Management Console 2010 on Windows 10!